Dance the Night Way in Eleuthera Just Like You Did on Spring Break in College
Spring break in Eleuthera is a popular time here on the island for families and couples. Spring break in Eleuthera is more relaxed than other Caribbean islands, that doesn’t mean you can’t find a beach bar here and dance the night away, that’s welcomed and encouraged. Be sure to reserve accommodations well in advance – availability from late February through April is in high demand. Travelers from the Northeast, Midwest and Canada seek refuge from a long hard winter.
A popular spring break event is the Eleuthera All That Jazz Festival. The jazz and blues festival happens every March. The 2015 edition is slated for March 25 – 29, 2015 and will benefit the Haynes Library, in Governor's Harbour, the Island of Eleuthera and Bahamian jazz musicians. Perfromers at last year’s festival included: Bobby Sanabria & Quarteto Ache, Antoinette Montague Quintet, Winard Harper, Samuel Parker, Walle Larsson and Jonny Schutten. Visit eleutheraallthatjazz.com for more information.
Popular Spring Break Activities
- Snorkeling trip
- Dance the night away at Tippy’s: live music every Saturday night from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Keep dancing and enjoy live music at The Beach House every Monday and Thursday from 7 to 11 p.m.
- A Taste of Eleuthera! Tour, board a luxury bus, see the island and feast like royalty, meals included. The tour departs every Tuesday from Governor’s Harbour, $89 per person, call 242-334-2356 or email email@example.com
- Buy seafood in Governor’s Harbour or at the pier in Tarpum Bay and cook dinner at home
- Head to the Rainbow Inn for dinner and order the Deluxe Seafood Platter with fish, lobster, shrimp, conch fritters and crispy calamari
- Go to the movies, check out the Princess Movie Theater in Governor’s Harbour, for movies call 242-332-2735, 8:15 p.m. only, closed Thursdays