50 Things to Do
It’s Easy to Find Fun Things to Do in Eleuthera, Here are 50 Activities to Consider
- Horseback Riding: Oceanview Farm, Governor’s Harbour from $75 per hour
- Rent a Bicycle: take a ride, Governors Harbour
- Hangout at Sky Beach Club: enjoy the beautiful ocean view from the resort’s pool and bar, have lunch and enjoy their beach – make a day of it!
- Cup of Joe: located up north near Gregory Town, stock up on coffee at Bahamas Coffee Roasters
- Go Sailing: Eleuthera Sailing Charter with Captain Ali, 50-foot sloop and other smaller boats
- Cheeseburger and Cold Beer: visit The Deck, it’s located just north of Governor’s Harbour
- Shop till ya Drop: The Beach House Boutique is in Govenor’s Harbour and it’s one of the best on the island
- Pre-Stock Your Guest House: The Market in Rock Sound will ensure your vacation is ready to begin once you walk in the door, delivery fee to Governors Harbour: $52.50
- Shelling: take home a few Eleuthera keepsakes
- Island Yoga: Monique Carroll in Governor’s Harbour can help, she offers Hatha Yoga and Fitness Ball
- Stay In and Cook Local Seafood: you can buy fresh fish, lobster and stone crab in Governor’s Harbour at the red light and at the pier in Tarpum Bay daily around 3 p.m., weather permitting
- Surfing: some of the best surfing in the Caribbean is in Eleuthera at Surfer’s Beach, bring your own board or rent from Bahamas Out Islands Adventures in Gregory Town
- Friday Night Fish Fry at Governor's Harbour: don’t miss this street party, it happens every Friday night, great food with great island music
- BBQ at Billy B's: starts at noon on Friday and Saturday, lunch only
- Tropical Island Camping: Bahamas Out Islands Adventures in Gregory Town
- Dance the Night Away at Tippy’s: live music every Saturday night from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Tennis: visit The Cigatoo Resort in Governor’s Harbour
- Cliff Jumping: Rock Sound Ocean Hole, located in Rock Sound, this blue hole offers excellent cliff jumping from the cliffs surrounding it, access in and out of the water is easy, helped along by a ladder installed by the locals, who use it as a favorite swimming hole, cliffs vary in height from 5 to 25 feet
- Get a Babysitter: spend a day alone (without the kids)
- Caving: Eleuthera is a geology wonderland, check out the island’s caves with guide Calvin Monroe
- Hire a Personal Chef: Chef Natasha Saunders, she will also clean and shop for $20 per hour
- Vacation Philanthropy: want to leave something behind to make Eleuthera a better place? Here are some organizations that could use your help:
Kayaking Trip: Bahamas Out Islands Adventures in Gregory Town
Hire a Private Caterer for Your Group: Mish Waserman is one of the best chefs on the island, enjoy private catering for a minimum of 12 guests
Get Married: Mish is also the island's premier wedding planner, she will take care of EVERYTHING from location to flowers to food and drinks
Rent a Scooter: rent in Governor’s Harbour, daily rate: $40 or weekly: $225
Snorkeling: snorkeling guide Patrick Demeritte in Governors Harbour can help you get an underwater view of the island, Patrick will bring you to the best snorkeling spots in the area. $50 per hour for a party of up to four. Price includes snorkel gear. Extra charges apply for larger groups.
Rent a Golf Cart: if a golf cart would make getting around easy for you, Sunshine rentals in Rainbow Bay can help, rates start at $50 per day, discounted weekly rates available
Rebecca’s Beach Shop: when you’re in Gregory Town up north, pick up a few souvenirs at a unique island shop, you’ll find unique gifts made by local artist, Rebecca Courtemache
Walk the Cliffs: take a stroll around the Glass Window Bridge in Northern Eleuthera, get a good look and take a lot of pictures, it’s incredible
Find a Vacation Home: it happens to everyone, once you visit, you’ll proably want to come back again and again
Enjoy the Weather: winter average temps: high 77°F and low 65°F / summer: high 91°F and low 75°F
Stroll Down to Governor’s Harbour: if you’re staying in town close to the Harbour, take an evening stroll down, enjoy the sunset, have a Kalik or two
Rent Fishing Gear: visit the Clearwater Dive Shop in Governor’s Harbour for rods and reels and anything else you might want, they have snorkel and scuba equipment rentals too
Become a Sailer: perhaps you’re going to be here in Eleuthera a while, might as well learn to sail! Skip Miller in Governor’s Harbour can help!
Go to the Movies: enjoy the Princess Movie Theater in Governor’s Harbour, 8:15 p.m. only, closed Thursdays.
Massage: enjoy a private massage in your room at your leisure
Historic Library: visit the Historic Haynes Library in Governor’s Harbour, a membership to borrow books is $5 and Internet access is $5 per hour. Don’t miss arts and crafts for children Sat morning at 10 a.m.
Dive: Al Curry at Davis Harbour Marina can help with an extended underwater tour
Lighthouse Beach: make the journey to the island’s very southern tip and check out one of the most beautiful beaches in the world
Breakfast and Coffee in Downtown GHB: Da Perk Coffee Shop has serves up delicious espresso and breakfast in the heart of Governor’s Harbour, closed Sundays
Ecotourism: The Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve, the first national park on the island of Eleuthera is located on the Banks Road, three miles south of Governor’s Harbour, visitors can walk miles of trails through the preserve to view the beautiful orchids, food and medicinal plants, and hardwood trees that played an important role in the history of the island.
Live Music: head over to The Beach House every Monday and Thursday night for live music from 7 to 11 p.m.
Fishbone Tour: get out on the water with tour guide extraordinaire, Bubba. Fishbone’s Adventure Tour includes starfish snorkel, reef fishing, reef snorkeling, mangrove hunt, conch garden (with fresh conch salad on board), and the famous Turtle Encounter. Fishbone also offers fishing charter services including reef fishing, big game, bottom fishing, spearfishing, bonefishing, and snorkeling.
Foodie Tour: check out “A Taste of Eleuthera!” Board a luxury bus, see the island and feast like royalty (meals included). The tour departs every Tuesday from Governor’s Harbour
Dune Buggy Adventure to Lighthouse Beach: the best way to get to Lighthouse Beach! Get there quickly and enjoy a picnic lunch on pink sand.
Gone Fishing: contact Zev Waserman and let him know what kind of fish you want to catch, he can help
Visit the Farm: Visit The Island Farm for fresh produce and herbs, homemade breads, jams and sauces
Take Something Home: in the northern part of the island is Pam's Island Made Gift Shop in Gregory Town
Claim a Beach: there is more than 70 miles of beaches in Eleuthera, find your favorite and enjoy it all to yourself
- The School for Exceptional Learners: a school for children with learning difficulties. This organization is always in need of both financial support and basic supplies
- Zion Children’s Home: a wonderful new organization built by two ladies with an extraordinary vision
- Eleuthera Sailing and Swimming School: based in Governor’s Harbour, the school and was formed to teach disadvantaged youngsters how to swim and sail. It is open to all and is free to boys and girls age 16 and under. The school has 20 boats and a Level 3 U.S.-trained sailing and swimming instructor, the school is entirely supported by voluntary contributions
For more information on any of the above, please call 305-280-7606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2014 governorsharbour.org. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Subject to change without notice until Purchase Agreement is signed.